This policy covers the following:
- What are cookies?
- Can you block cookies?
- Which cookies do we use on our site?
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are used by many websites typically to improve the operation and user experience when visiting the website. They are used to track and monitor how people are using the website, which pages are visited and how long is spent on each page.
- A cookie is a text file stored on your computer or mobile device when you access some websites. Cookies enable a website to recognise your device and help your browser navigate the site by allowing you to log in automatically and remember any settings you choose during previous visits.
- Cookies cannot be programmed, carry viruses or install malware on the host computer or device. However, they can be used to track users' browsing activities.
- If you’d like to learn more about cookies and how to manage them, please visit this external website www.aboutcookies.org.
Can you block cookies?
- Legislation states that you must be able to opt-out from having cookies stored on your computer if they are used.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.