Please carefully read the following terms in relation to use of Russell & Russell’s’ website. By using our website, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
This policy sets out the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our web site. All references in this website to ‘I’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’, ‘Russell & Russell’, ‘the firm’ and the like should be read as referring to Russell & Russell Solicitors. These terms and conditions will be revised from time to time and constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
This policy covers the following:
- Legal & regulatory notice
- Anti Money laundering obligations
- Website Policy
- Website Terms & Conditions
- Intellectual Property
- Website changes
- Links to and from our site
- Our liability to you
- Governing law
- Terms of business – Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP
- Contact us
Legal & Regulatory Notice
- Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC420972. The registered address is Churchill House, Wood Street, Bolton, BL1 1EE
- Russell & Russell is the trading name of Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP.
- It is important to appreciate that not all those who hold the title of ‘partner’ are ‘members’ of the LLP. We use the word partner to refer to a member of Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of members' names together with a list of non members who are designated as partners is available for inspection at our registered office at Churchill House, Wood Street, Bolton, BL1 1EE.
- The addresses and contact information for each of our offices can be found under the "Contact us" section of our website.
- Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with number 653317. Our professional rules and Code of Conduct can be accessed from the Solicitors Regulation Authority website at http://www.sra.org.uk/handbook/
- Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP is registered for VAT purposes with VAT registration number GB146 948 331.
- Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the SRA Indemnity Rules.
- Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, we are included on the register maintained by the FCA so that we can carry on insurance distribution activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register. The Russell & Russell reference number is LS 54676. This type of firm (such as solicitors, accountants and chartered surveyors) can provide some regulated products and services as part of their normal professional services, without being authorised or as agent of an authorised firm.
- We can provide you with further information upon request which can be obtained by contacting us as follows: Address: Churchill House, Wood Street, Bolton, BL1 1EE, and Telephone: 01204 399299, Email: email@example.com
Anti Money Laundering obligations
- Evidence of a new client’s identity will be required in accordance with the Anti Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing Regulations. We will also require evidence of the identity of any third party upon whom we are relying to successfully implement your instructions. In addition we will usually need to make enquiries regarding the purpose of your transaction and the source of any funds being used. We reserve the right to make electronic checks as part of our identity checks and agreement with these terms will be taken as your consent to any such checks being made.
- If we have a suspicion of money laundering we are required to disclose this to the National Crime Agency (NCA), overriding our duties of confidentiality to you. In the event of such a disclosure being made we do not accept any liability for consequential damages arising from compliance with the appropriate legislation.
- Any personal data we receive from you for the purposes of our money laundering checks will be processed only for the purposes of preventing money laundering and terrorist financing, or as otherwise permitted by law or with your consent. You consent to us retaining such data for longer than the five year statutory period, unless you tell us otherwise.
- We do not accept money in cash save for money for our fees and disbursements, and then up to a limit of £500 in any 28 day period. If clients circumvent this policy by depositing cash direct with our bank we reserve the right to charge for any additional checks we deem necessary regarding the source of the funds.
- This website is provided by Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP. Please carefully read the following terms in relation to use of our website. By using our website, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
- This policy sets out the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our website. All references in this website to ‘I’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’, ‘Russell & Russell’, ‘the firm’ and the like should be read as referring to Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP.
- These terms and conditions will be revised from time to time and constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Website Terms and Conditions
- This website is owned by Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP. You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only and in a manner which is consistent with all applicable law and regulation in the country in which you access this site.
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
- Your use of this site should not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
- You agree not to import or transfer to this site either directly or indirectly any information or other content which is or may be inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene or offensive or in breach of any intellectual property right or similar right or damaging to the software or performance of this site.
- Where you are provided with a user ID and password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- Our website tells you about our firm and the services we provide. It also includes comment on legal developments written by members of our teams.
- Comments and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to legal or business advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed by any visitor to the site or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Reliance should only ever be placed on advice that is given in relation to specific client instructions. To find out more about becoming a client of Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP please go to the Get in Touch page for further details.
- We own copyrights in this site and in material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All our rights are reserved. © Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights, including copyright and database rights, in this site and its contents are owned by (or licensed to) us or otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- You must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
- You access the contents of the site only for your own private use. You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
- We will update our web site continually so the content may change at any time. If the need arises, we have the option to suspend or close the site.
Links to and from our site
- Links to our site
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to our Marketing Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links from our site
- Our site contains links to various third party websites for your information only. We have no control over the contents of these sites and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may be suffered in connection with your use of them.
Our liability to you
- The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise - including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
- However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Any claim arising from or related to a visit to this web site will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Terms of business – Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP
- The terms of engagement under which Russell & Russell Solicitors LLP provide services to a client are provided at the beginning of any instruction.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site please address your request to our Practice Manager by emailing email@example.com.