Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the following terms in relation to use of Russell and Russell’s’ website. By using our website, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms.
This policy sets out the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our web site. All references in this website to ‘I’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’, ‘Russell and Russell’, ‘the firm’ and the like should be read as referring to Russell and Russell Solicitors. These terms and conditions will be revised from time to time and constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
This policy covers the following:
- About Russell and Russell
- Website Terms & Conditions
- Intellectual Property
- Website changes
- Links to and from our site
- Our liability to you
- Governing law
- Terms of business – Russell and Russell
- Contact us
About Russell and Russell
- This website is provided by Russell and Russell. Russell and Russell is a partnership regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 54676. Our head office is in Bolton; Churchill House, Wood Street, Bolton, Lancashire, UK, BL1 1EE. VAT No. 146948331.
- References on this website and in these legal notices and privacy statement to:
- “Partner” in relation to Russell and Russell means an owner partner or an employee with equivalent standing and qualifications at Russell and Russell. A list of partners is available on this website;
- “Russell and Russell” means Russell and Russell Solicitors;
- We are not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000; but, in certain circumstances, we are able to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Law Society. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services which we have been engaged to provide. Our Reference number is LS 54676 and can be verified by visiting the FCA Financial Services Register.
Website Terms and Conditions
- This website is owned by Russell and Russell. You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only and in a manner which is consistent with all applicable law and regulation in the country in which you access this site.
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
- Your use of this site should not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
- You agree not to import or transfer to this site either directly or indirectly any information or other content which is or may be inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene or offensive or in breach of any intellectual property right or similar right or damaging to the software or performance of this site.
- Where you are provided with a user ID and password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- Our web site tells you about our firm and the services we provide. It also includes comment on legal developments written by members of our teams.
- Comments and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to legal or business advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed by any visitor to the site or anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Reliance should only ever be placed on advice that is given in relation to specific client instructions. To find out more about becoming a client of Russell and Russell please go to the Get in Touch page for further details.
- We own copyrights in this site and in material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All our rights are reserved. © Russell and Russell 2018.
- Unless otherwise stated, all rights, including copyright and database rights, in this site and its contents are owned by (or licensed to) us or otherwise used by us as permitted by applicable law.
- You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- You must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
- You access the contents of the site only for your own private use. You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
- We will update our web site continually so the content may change at any time. If the need arises, we have the option to suspend or close the site.
Links to and from our site
- Links to our site
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to our Marketing Manager by emailing JK@russellrussell.co.uk.
- Links from our site
- Our site contains links to various third party websites for your information only. We have no control over the contents of these sites and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may be suffered in connection with your use of them.
Our liability to you
- The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise - including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
- However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Any claim arising from or related to a visit to this web site will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Terms of business – Russell and Russell
- The terms of engagement under which Russell and Russell provide services to a client are provided at the beginning of any instruction.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site please address your request to our Marketing Manager by emailing JK@russellrussell.co.uk.