Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Data controller: Russell & Russell Solicitors
Data protection officer: Andrew Perry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of any recruitment process, Russell & Russell collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What information do we collect?
Russell & Russell collect a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the Russell & Russell needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health, and religion or belief.
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require Russell & Russell to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Russell & Russell to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where Russell & Russell is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask Russell & Russell to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the firms’ legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Emma Hughes, HR Manager. You can make a subject access request (SAR) by writing to Russell & Russell and emailing this to email@example.com.
If you believe that Russell & Russell have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner, the ICO.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Russell & Russell during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, Russell & Russell may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for your application if you choose not to provide such information.
Our recruitment processes does not use automated decision-making.
Please contact Emma Hughes, HR Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org